Welcome to the RST Advising home page! My name is Patty, and I am happy to have the opportunity to work with you regarding your academic and career plans, assist you with schedules, course selection, tutoring, special programs, and career information. If you are an RST student you will also receive periodic announcements from me. Please be sure to read through them completely for important deadlines and exciting opportunities. Should you have any questions or concerns, feel free to stop in to say hello or e-mail me with general questions using my contact information below:
129A Huff Hall
1206 South Fourth Street
Champaign, IL 61820
RST Course Requirements
Core courses are combined with an internship to give you real-world experience. If you have questions about any of the courses listed in the concentration curriculums below, please send them our way.
Thinking of Transferring to RST?
Like what you see about careers and courses in the Department of Recreation, Sport and Tourism? Would you like information about becoming an RST student? RST is the place to be!
All advising meetings are held in 129A Huff Hall and available by appointment through on-line scheduling. Pre-registration appointments are mandatory for all RST students and are scheduled for 20-25 minutes. Should you feel you need more time, feel free to schedule another appointment with me after all students have been seen. I’d be happy to help! Walk-in hours are also available at the beginning of the semester and will be posted on my office door as well as through email. Hours are subject to change, so please email me directly should you have any questions and view your email!
How do I schedule an appointment?
1. All students will receive an email from me at the beginning of the semester which contains a link to an online scheduler to make your appointment. Please be sure to have your UIN and UIUC email address available.
2. Appointments are required, so please do not miss your appointment or your or a hold will be put on your account.
3. Once you receive a time ticket (which tells you the date of when you can register) you will have a better understanding of when you’ll be able to meet with me during the semester. Seniors, juniors, athletes and James Scholars will have priority registration and thus will be seen earlier for advising.
4. Your time ticket will be sent to you via email, but if for some reason you did not receive this, you can contact email@example.com to access your time ticket. Tentative schedules are available at Online Registration. https://registrar.illinois.edu/time-tickets
5. What can I do if I cannot register? If you are having difficulty registering please send me an email with your UIN, NET ID and error code you are receiving and I’ll try to help you!
Campus resources at your fingertips! See the list of RST Quick Campus Resources
Are you wondering what careers await you in the leisure services field?
- Learn more about career opportunities in Recreation, Sport and Tourism
- See a list of job titles that could be your career path
- Watch a YouTube video about a variety of jobs
- Frequently Asked Questions about RST for current and prospective students
*If you have questions about any of the courses listed in the concentration curriculums below, please send them our way.
Get Involved in some of our RSO's such as:
PLAY FOR CHANGE
For more information about this great student-led organization please contact their faculty advisor, John-Welty Peachy at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPORTS BUSINESS ASSOCIATION (SBA)
Find out more information about this great student-led organization and contact the faculty advisor Michael Raycraft at: email@example.com.